In Chinese medicine they call it ‘chi’ or ‘vital force’, others call it ‘prana’, but in a scientific world the secret to a long healthy life is found in a molecule called glutathione. This molecule is found in concentration in the brain, eyes, lungs, liver and the kidneys.
In a nutshell, our cells need lots of glutathione to stay healthy and function properly.
Researchers found that centenarians and healthy elderly folks have an abundance of glutathione in their bodies.
Plenty of glutathione = health and life
Depleted glutathione = sickness and death
I know that sounds a bit dramatic, but it’s the truth. Glutathione is the “miracle” molecule, that can help you reach your 100th birthday — feeling as healthy and vital as a person decades younger.
3 main reasons why we need glutathione
- It builds our immune system to protect us against harmful invaders. Glutathione helps to produce natural killer cells which are the body first line of defence against viruses and abnormal cells. That’s why you so badly need glutathione. It helps eliminate free radicals and stop the damage to your cells and your DNA.
- Glutathione removes dangerous toxins like heavy metals and pesticides from the body. You can’t see them – and you usually can’t smell them. But dangerous chemicals, heavy metals, and pesticides contaminate the air you breathe, the water you drink, the food you eat and the products you use. And their main mission is to attack your DNA, destroy your cells, and wreak havoc on your organs.
- Glutathione contains sticky sulphur which helps to trap the dangerous toxins, just the way fly paper collects flies. Glutathione grabs them binds them up in your stool and bile and safely eliminates them.
Why do we need supplementation with glutathione?
- As we age, our glutathione levels drop, by the age 45, we only have half of what we used to have and that also depends on our lifestyle, could be less than that if we are more exposed to toxins and unhealthy diet, stress and taking medication.
- In today’s world, it is nearly impossible to avoid toxins and additives in our foods. Every time a toxic substance is neutralised, the reserves of glutathione drop.
- Taking painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs is toxic on our liver, so this is when we need glutathione most.
- Missing a glutathione gene is very common, which is making our system less effective at detoxifying.
- Our diet is depleted of dense nutrients, so we are not getting enough glutathione from our foods.
- Stressful lifestyle is also contributing to low levels of glutathione.
So what can we do about it, what supplements are most effective?
I’ve done a lot of studies in this area, as glutathione supplementation is not easy and straightforward.
Glutathione cannot be absorbed like most supplements via our digestive tract. We can only use precursors helping us to boost our natural levels of this miracle molecule.
The supplement I have been using in my practice for over 6 years now with outstanding results is composed of Riboceine, a unique ingredient boosting glutathione by 300%, combined with other very powerful antioxidants like Lipoic Acid, Milk Thistle, Curcumin, Selenium, VitC, Cordyceps, Grape seed extract, Quercetin, Broccoli Seed Extract, Aloe Vera and Black Pepper.