Hormones such as oestrogen, testosterone, adrenaline and insulin are extremely important chemical messengers that affect many aspects of your overall health.
Hormones are secreted by various glands and organs including your adrenals, pituitary, thyroid, ovaries, testicles and pancreas.
The entire endocrine system works together to control the level of hormones circulating throughout your body, and if one or more is even slightly imbalanced it can cause widespread, major health problems.
Conventional ways to balance the hormones are synthetic hormones, Thyroxine, contraceptive pill, HRT, insulin injections. The medication makes people dependent on it, instead of correcting the underlying problem.
Signs of hormonal imbalance
- Weight gain
- Digestive issues
- Hair loss and hair thinning
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)
- Mood swings, irritability
3 TOP ESSENTIAL OILS TO USE TO HELP WITH HORMONAL IMBALANCE
- Clary Sage – balances oestrogen, reduces cortisol, improves mood, natural remedy for cramps, helps with PCOS and balances thyroid.
- Thyme oil – improves progesterone production which can be linked to infertility and depression
- Sandalwood – balances testosterone in both women and men, natural aphrodisiac
Natural ways to balance hormones:
- Address the digestive issues; leaky gut, overgrowth of bad bacteria, parasites, worms, yeast infection.
- Take probiotics – they help with you gut flora
- Supplement with adrenal herbs such as Withania, Holy Basil, Licorice, Milk Thistle.
- LOWER STRESS LEVELS!! Slow down, breathe deeply, practice yoga, meditate, be present in THE NOW.
- Sleep min 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Try Magnesium powder if you are having sleep problems.
- Use good fats daily; coconut oil, avocado, flaxseed oil, walnuts, salmon, sardines, mackerel.
- Have your green veggies and green powders every day, they are very helpful to support detox in your liver
- Less caffeine and alcohol
- Supplement with Magnesium, B complex, Adrenal support
- Drink filtered alkaline water
- Have more fiber fresh fruit and veg, flaxmeal, chia seeds, hemp seeds, quinoa, nuts and seeds.
Balancing hormones is essential to correct the overall wellbeing and getting to the root of the health issue. Eating clean and balancing nervous system is the most important and basic approach.